FAQs for Joining CLTA-OR!
1. Who can join CLTA-OR?
CLTA-OR is comprised of scholars, teachers and college students in Chinese language, linguistics, literature, teaching program, and other related areas, and those who are interested in the above fields may join the Association.
2. What privileges do active members enjoy?
The benefits of becoming a CLTA-OR member include, but not limited to receive information about job openings and conferences, to attend CLTA-OR workshops for free, to apply for and earn CLTA-OR Professional Development Award, to nominate your students to earn the outstanding achievement awards... Please see the membership general information for details.
3. Where is the application form? How can I join CLTA-OR?
Here is the form. You may download, print, complete, sign and mail it out. You can also fill in the Google Form below.
4. Are membership dues tax-deductible? Student discount?
Yes, the membership dues are tax-deductible, but non-refundable.
Yes, Student Membership ($10/year) is offered, with proof of matriculation.
5. What period do these dues cover?
Membership on CLTA-OR expires on September 01 every year.
6. How do I pay for the membership dues?
There are two options to pay for your membership dues:
1. Write a check (payable to CLTA-OR, with your name on the check) and mail it with your application form to:
2501 Country Club Road, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
Attn: Cilei Han.
2. You may also "shop" online after filling in the Google Form above. The membership categories are listed below.